Catch it, bin it, kill – KTG Social Care are taking Corona Virus, Covid – 19 seriously.
As an experienced home care provider, we are well versed in putting in place contingency arrangements for our clients. Over the years we have to combat unseasonable weather, transport difficulties etc. We understand the pressures this places on clients and our candidates. As the spread of the virus is resulting in response requirements changing daily, KTG Social Care will ensure that it stays up to date with reliable sources of information and has the flexibility to respond when required.
We would like to detail the steps we are taking to act seriously in the interest of our clients in health and social care and the people in their care. We have been taking, and continue to take the following steps to protect our candidates, clients, the people in their care and our colleagues here.
Firstly – Education.
Information is shared with staff on an ongoing basis along with working with our homes to ensure we are taking the correct measures.
Secondly – Encourage best practice Infection Control.
- Hand gels are available throughout our office and communal areas.
- Shared contact points including handrails, taps, door handles, table-tops, kettles, kitchen work surfaces etc are all being cleaned and disinfected daily
Thirdly – A ‘don’t risk it’ policy is in effect.
Where members of our team have client meetings pending and arranged, we are postponing non urgent meetings.
Other measures we are taking under this policy include:
- Wherever essential meetings are going ahead, we are ensuring that strict infection control measures are being taken by the member of staff entering a private client’s home or care home.
The most important way you can help is by ensuring that the staff who come to visit you have ready access to wash their hands in your home with soap and warm water and clean products to dry their hands.
- Staff will be expected to continue to use gloves, aprons etc. for delivering personal care in the same way as usual. Face-masks are not effective in most cases and will not be worn routinely by staff. It is possible, however, that people who need care who have contracted the virus may be asked to wear a mask to prevent their spreading the virus to others.
- Recruitment of staff is currently still be undertaken, we are requesting that the use of washing facilities are used & the use of the hand gel on arrival and on leaving. (Please don’t take it personally.)!
- To practice catch it, bin it, kill it at all times.
Our team here at KTG will be monitoring the situation daily and will remain in contact with you to keep you informed of any actions that we may need to take. Our primary concern is making sure that your care is undertaken safely.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do ring the office on 01772 558529, and ask to speak to the one of our managers, Nick for Agency (option 1) or Lisa for Domiciliary (option 2).
I urge all readers of this to take time to read the following leading guidance.
https://111.nhs.uk/service/covid-19 this service has been provided to enable you to undertake a questionnaire to determine if you should call 111.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public here you will find out number of cases and risk level in the UK, what to do if you have symptoms, and what the government is doing about the virus.
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ Overview of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-advice/ What it says on the bottle ‘stay at home advice’.
https://improvement.nhs.uk/resources/national-hand-hygiene-and-personal-protective-equipment-policy/ leading guidance about Infection Control.
Updated 17 March 2020